We act for cargo owners, forwarders and their insurers in relation to cargo loss and damage caused during sea carriage and its incidental services and logistical operations.
Specifically, we advise and litigate for our clients on the following matters:
- Cargo loss and damage
- Liability issues in relation to carriage, handling and storage
- Carriage contracts/documents including bills of lading, other sea carriage documents, consignment notes, standard trading conditions, charter parties and storage/warehousing agreements (drafting, advising and litigation)
- Freight forwarders’ liabilities
- Insurance policy drafting, interpretation, coverage and claims advice
- Contracts of affreightment and charterparty analysis and disputes
- Admiralty claims and vessel arrests
- Pleasure craft loss and damage
- Contractual disputes with marine and logistics service providers including marinas, ship’s engineers, stevedores, truckers etc.
We do not act for vessel interests, vessel owners, their insurers or P&I Clubs.
O’Reilly Douglas & Co
Trade and Transport Specialists
Suite 6, 2-4 Pine Street,
Manly, NSW, 2095, Australia
Phone: (+61 2) 8006 6675
Fax: (+61 2) 9383 8895
Mobile (John O’Reilly):
(+61) 409 579 589
Mobile (Marshall Douglas):
(+61) 434 392 439